Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I LUV PHOTOBOOKS




Michael Arrington

of Techcrunch posted some interesting Demo news today http://www.techcrunch.com/:

"DEMO 2006: 70 companies gather at a hotel in Phoenix, Arizona to compete head on for our attention. $15,000 buys you 5 minutes in front of 700 people, and a chance to make history (which is not recorded real time because the wifi is crushed under the load and no one can get online). At least there is reliable internet access in the press room, along with dozens of free USB drives laying around (this whole “press” gig is pretty damn awesome).

A few companies caught my eye today as the ones to watch this year. Here they are:

Blurb

Blurb will turn your blog or other website into a book. As in, a real, tangible book that you can hold. The service is now in private beta and will be available to the public in March(ish). CEO Eileen Gittins does a great job describing the product and this looks to be an interesting space, especially for ego-type purchases where bloggers buy a copy for themselves.t’ll be about $30 for a four color, 40 page, 8×10 hardcover book with a custom dust jacket."

*-*-*-*-*

So, yes, I can't wait for blurb to come out, so that I can create many many new photobooks and don't need to ship them from Germany. I just recently produced a photobook about our India travels for Navin's birthday. There are many dear friends out there who were forced to read it ;-)

And now I want to share it with you. The book is called "INDIA - Our Journey." Text, design and 20% of the photographs: my humble self - 80% of the photographs (the really awesome ones): Navin. Here's the cover and page 54/55. Oh, and it's not only a photobook, it's actually a real book, with a real story. The software I used is really great, it's a German company - www.fotobuch.de/www.photobook.com

Page 1 & 100:



Page 54 & 55


2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dani!

I want to tell you, I like reading your blog!
It ist a pity, we forgot to look at your photobook when you were here in Germany at christmas... I hope i will see it in future!

Many Greetings
Silke ;-)

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful book you made . . . I can't wait until Blurb comes our way . . . :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home