Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Posting new blog posts on my blog

Ok, I feel bad. I haven't posted anything in 5 days, I've only been to two different conferences where people talked about blogs. Blogs, podcasts, video casts, and RSS to be precise. VON conference and VentureOne Summit. VentureOne Summit was at the Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco, one of these places where you have beautiful thick throw away towels in the restrooms and get your coffee in actual cups with a silver spoon to stir ... Ok, I'm blahblahing ...

So, I thought, what could I update my blog with? And I couldn't really think of anything, so I served around bloglines and found the "Overheard in the Office" blog. Something I'm checking out once in a while because it's so funny. People submit what they overheard in their office that day, with the actual address of the company. I liked that one because it's so typical American:

March 21, 2006

12PM Schedule Next Week's Meeting

Meeting Attendee #1: When's a good time to schedule the meeting with [Gary]?
Meeting Attendee #2: Well, he will be back from his heart attack next week.

2964 Peachtree Road NW
Atlanta, Georgia

The sad truth is that it's actual true ... people tend to be back in the office only a week after they've had serious surgery. In Germany you'd be home sick (PAID sick) for about 2 months or so. I'm not saying this is right, it just showcases once again the two extremes I've lived in in my life so far. I think I should seriously consider moving to India: because then I would just stay at home forever, living off our interest money. Ok, maybe not forever, a year or so -- good enough.

Gute Nacht! :-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home